Our Adult Education meets immediately after our Sunday service at 11:00 AM. Everyone that has graduated high school is invited to participate. The teaching is shared by the pastor and the elders.
His-Story: Church History and why it matters to me? Below are the individual lessons from our 2017-2018 Christian Education class in Church History (note this is an on-going study, and lessons are being added weekly).
1. TO THE UTTERMOST PARTS OF THE EARTH: An introduction to and the beginnings of the early church
2. THE APOSTOLIC PERIOD 35-120 AD: The time of the Apostles’ ministry and its immediate legacy
3. WHEN IN ROME, PART I 120-220 AD: Apologists, Heresies, and Martyrs
4. WHEN IN ROME, PART II AD 220-305 AD: The Third Century Teachers of the Faith
5. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, PART I: aka: The Imperial Church AD 305-476
6. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, PART II: aka: The Imperial Church AD 305-476
7. THE FOUR C’s: Christians, Councils, Creeds, and Confessions
8. HERESIES AND HEMORRHOIDS (and why they’re still a pain today)
9. CHARACTER STUDY: Meet Saint Augustine of Hippo
10. EARLY MIDDLE AGES: AD 476-1000
11. THE HIGH MIDDLES AGES, PART I: AD 1000-1299
12. THE HIGH MIDDLES AGES, PART II: AD 1000-1299
13. THE LATE MIDDLES AGES: AD 1300-1500
14. SOMETHING’S GOTTA GIVE: The Reformation dawns
15. THE REFORMATION: Part I
16. THE REFORMATION: Part II
17. THE WESTMINSTER ASSEMBLY: 1643-1652
19. THE FIRST GREAT AWAKENING: 1700-1799
20. THE SECOND GREAT AWAKENING: 1800-1899
Biblical Literacy Class Notes: Did you miss the Biblical Literacy Class but still would like the materials? Now you can download the notebook complete with the teacher’s notes (the pdf document is in full color and is 3.5 MB in size).